One reason why an adventure therapy program works so well is the quiet individuals are able to experience in the outdoors. Instead of listening to others’ voices, outside you tend to listen more to yourself. You hear your inner voice without distraction. This also helps you gain greater self-awareness.
In adventure-based therapy, expect to experience fear, such as fear of heights. You’ll do things you’ve never done before, and may never have dreamed of doing. Part of the process includes encountering and overcoming difficulties. You also learn from these experiences, as they mimic real-world challenges and situations.
Despite providing the basis for great self-reflection, an adventure therapy program also helps you learn from others. You work alongside your peers in recovery, sharing experiences while giving each other constructive feedback. Everyone provides even greater honesty while working to achieve team goals.
Benefits of Outdoor Therapies
Benefits of an adventure therapy program include:
- Building trust in yourself and others
- Gaining personal empowerment
- Teamwork and leadership skill building
- Improving self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-confidence
- Increasing problem-solving abilities
- Greater communication and cooperation skills
- Gaining a more positive outlook
- Complete recovery in Los Angeles
In Los Angeles, California, Melrose Recovery Group provides the individual, family and group therapies you need for lasting recovery. These therapies take place in Melrose Recovery Group’s inpatient substance abuse treatment program.
Treatment at Melrose Recovery Group includes:
- Addiction detox center
- Young adult rehab center
- Experiential therapy program
- Aftercare planning and transitional support
- Evidence-based therapy
- Insurance verification and advocacy
If you or someone you love needs addiction recovery, you can achieve that dream. You just need the right help. Contact Melrose Recovery Group by calling 800-217-3710 now.